Re: enlightenment/slink .xinitrc

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 01:19:35PM +0100, Vincent Murphy wrote:
>  could someone who is running gnome on top of enlightenment on top of X
> send me their .xinitrc or .xsession please?
>
>  i'm having trouble starting gnome.  here's what i'm using:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/X11/enlightenment
> exec /usr/bin/gnome-session
>
>  i've tried putting '&' on the end of the enlightenment line, but that
> brings the Xserver down just after it starts.
>
> TIA..
> vinny
>
> -- Vincent Murphy | CompSci Undergrad, UCC | theDon@cs.ucc.ie | (086) 8397405
>           "With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.
>                   On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge."  --P J Schoenster
>

> --

I've had mixed results with gnome-session and have stopped using it. Is
gnome-session really in /usr/bin? Type "which gnome-session" and note the
path.

Here is my .xsession:
--- CUT HERE ---
#!/bin/sh
# set path so we don't have to use full pathnames
# I compiled/installed GNOME in /usr/local/gnome, it won't
# exist on your system
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/gnome/bin
# for the wheel on my Intellimouse
imwheel -k
# the file manager
gmc &