Re: Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Installation

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Will Lowe wrote:

> > "... iso9660 not supported by kernel" is there. Why?
> iso9660 is a filesystem type.  The kernel's complaining that it doesn't
> have that module installed,  and so can't read the filesystem.
>
> > . configuring device driver modules
> >      . fs modules     : hpfs, ncp, smbs, umsdos, vfat
> Select iso9660 also.  (I think there's an option for it).

I have the exact same problem! Except that there is no iso9660 option
in there! I dont get it. Why aren't more people having this same problem?
Is it that most debian types know how to get around this, hence there is
very little mention? Can I load the module somehow before starting
dselect? If so some pointers would be appreciated. Thanks	marlon