Re: where is ldd ?

*- On  1 Apr, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote about "Re: where is ldd ?"
> :-> "Bob" == Bob Nielsen <nielsen@primenet.com> writes:
>
>     > What version of ldso do you have installed.  It should contain ldd (the
>     > potato version does not, however, since it is now included in libc6 2.1.
>

> Bob, I installed the version 1.9.10-1 that comes with the Official CD
> number 1 of version 2.1 (slink)
> Thinking of an error  of the packager I tried the one that comes with
> potato (1.9.10-1.2) but as yiu said it doesn't contain ldd either.
>
> Fortunately I had a pc which was not upgraded yet so I simply ftp'ed
> the file from there.
>
> I think that this is a bug, should we file a report?
>
> Pf

Try downloading ldso_1.9.10-1 from your favorite Debian mirror and
reinstalling it with 'dpkg -i ldso_1.9.10-1.deb', ldd is in there.

% dpkg -l ldso
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  ldso            1.9.10-1       The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit

% dpkg -L ldso
/.
/sbin
/sbin/ldconfig.new