Re: /etc/lynx.cfg -> ~/.lynxrc

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:

> Hamish Moffatt dixit:
> > On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 05:14:57PM +0200, homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
> > > how can I have lynx to use each home user's configuration file instead of
> > > /etc/lynx.cfg?  I mean to default to:
> > >
> > > $ lynx -cfg=~/.lynxrc
> >

> P.S.  `lynx -cfg=~/.lynxrc' on the command line works fine, how can I add
> that to the .bash_profile?

I have the following alias in my .bash_aliases because on hamm and on a
grey scale monitor I could not see lynx's cursor.

alias lynx="lynx -show_cursor"

So you can put

alias lynx="lynx -cfg=~/.lynxrc"

in yours.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new
      creation; the old has gone, the new has come."
                      II Corinthians 5:17