Re: Script to check whether modem telephone line in use --- how?

> > Some sort of "line in use" indicator would be better.
>
> I presume you mean a hardware "led indicator" or something like that?
> I could do that, though I'd prefer a software solution if there is
> one.

At your local Radio Shack, along with the LED line-in-use indicator, they also
have a device that will disable your phone jack if another extension is in
use. You could get two of them, one for you, one for your father, and then no
one would be cutting off the other's dial in connection.

How practical is it to network your computer with your dad's, and then do
IP-Masquerading? Just a thought.

HTH,

Ken