Re: hamm to slink with upgrade

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 00:48:33 -0700 (MST), you wrote:
>The final solution is to install APT 0.3 from potato and use it's built in
>CD handling through apt-cdrom.

Good work. I like it.

>I have made a special source specifically
>for this,
>
>deb http://www.debian.org/~jgg apt/
>
>Which will contain the latest glibc 2.0 linked APT v3. Install whatever
>APT you can, add the above to your sources.list (and maybe a temporary
>file: uri for the first cdrom) and then do 'apt-get install apt'.

www.debian.org is quite slow today, so I pulled apt_0.3.3.deb from the
local potato mirror and installed it using dpkg. File sizes match, so
I think it is the same deb. Right?

>disc and run 'apt-cdrom add' then run 'apt-get dist-upgrade -u' twice (or
>is it 3 times?)

I have my cdrom not on /cdrom, but on /mnt/cdrom. /etc/fstab shows
this. However, apt-cdrom tries to mount /cdrom and fails.

apt-cdrom does have a switch --cdrom which I used to point it towards
/mnt/cdrom. This worked.

However, after pulling in the disks, I found that apt-get tries to
load the packages from /cdrom instead of /mnt/cdrom. --cdrom is not
supported by apt-get and I believe that apt-cdrom should have recorded
the nonstandard mount point in sources.list.

Do I miss something here?

Greetings
Marc