Re: use the Windowkeys

:-> "Per-Olof" == Per-Olof Widstrom <pow@big.du.se> writes:

    >  Is there a way to have some use for the windowskey on the keyboard?
    > I would like to put / in one of the windowkeys, and ~ on the other one.

    > Is there  a howto or something?

If you intend to use it under X, try xkeycaps and then xmodmap.

These are the definitions that I use on my setup:

keycode 0x73 =	guillemotleft	guillemotright
keycode 0x74 =	currency	cent
keycode 0x75 =	copyright	registered

I get the following charachters (I hope you can see them)

Left Windows: ?« ?»
Right Wind. : ?¤ ?¢
Menu        : ?© ?®

If you find a way to do the same at the console, please tell me :-)

Also I would like to be able to get a compose key to work with a us
keyboard, so that I can generate accented vowels needed in italian language.

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.2.4 #1 Sun Mar 28 11:09:03 CEST 1999 i586 unknown