Re: sources.list for slink CDs?

>> "MH" == Marc Haber <Marc.Haber-lists@gmx.de> writes:

H> I have two disks that have supposedly been made from the official
MH> distribution (i386 binary) and a third disk that contains non-free,
MH> non-US, gnome and some more goodies.

MH> How does my /etc/apt/sources.list have to look like for all packages
MH> being known to the system? Does apt-get prompt me to change disks
MH> before installing packages from a different disk?

I don't think so. The multicd method in dselect should do so. Insert
the second CD and do a update.

If you don't mind "file not found" errors in apt /because it doesn't
prompt you for the cd), you can try the following:

Create a directory structure like on the CD (only the part until the
Packages.gz file) for all the CDs ( on /mnt/cd1, /mnt/cd2 and /mnt/cd3
) and copy the Packages.gz files to the proper locations.

sources.list:

deb file:/mnt/cd1/debian stable main
deb file:/mnt/cd2/debian stable contrib

etc.

apt-get update

If you then do a apt-get install blah, you will see from the file not
found message, which CD to mount.

(AFAIK, a proper CD method is on the TODO list for apt)

Ciao,
	Martin