Re: MTA and SMTP ident

>> "GC" == G Crimp <ye416@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> writes:

GC> I think you are right, though, that it is the list software and
GC> not the MTA that is silently discarding my mail.

Also note that the list software doesn't see the SMTP envelope (it is
not passed on final delivery).

GC> My From: field is not a problem (thanks mutt !) but I'll give the
GC> Sender header a crack and see if that makes a difference.

Good Luck. It is not failure to have the Sender different from the
From:-header. Actually the Sender should be the "correct" mailbox of
the sender, even if he changes the From-header. Maybe you don't have a
registred hostname for your box, and the list software tries to
resolve it and fails (or such some).

Ciao,
	Martin