Re: Some questions about IP Masquerading

Mark Phillips wrote:

> I am currently trying to install IP masquerading at home.  I've been
> reading the Mini IP Masquerading HOWTO, and I have some questions
> which I am hoping someone can answer.
>
> 1. The HOWTO says to add the following lines to /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
>
>   /sbin/depmod -a
>   /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
>   /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio
>   ...etc

Actually I run IP MASQ and  these modules are loaded automagically when
needed by the kernel.  I have no Kerneld or any other things loaded.
Following the (IP Firewall/Gateway HOWTO) I think) got me through.
although I found myself running in circles trying to find what I
needed.  Try http://rlz.ne.mediaone.net/linux/firewall/
they have a REALLY NEAT (tm) web Interface that provides you with a
script that sets up the firewall and everything for you.