Re: Gnome and Enlightenment

From: Kevin McEnhill <mcenhill@geocities.com>

>I have been trying to get Enlightenment 0.15 installed and working with
gnome
>1.0 since I heard the announcement on Slashdot last week. In the process, I
>have upgraded to potato and have started following gnome-stage-2 by adding
the
>line `deb http://www.debian.org/~jules/gnome-stage-2 unstable main` to my
>/etc/apt/sources.list. At this point, I can get either enlightenment or
>gnome's panel to work, not both. Now I was under the impression that gnome
>and enlightenment were supposed to work well together. Is this the result
of
>life on the bleeding edge or do I have the gnome/enlightenment thing wrong?

To get them both working, you need to make sure your ~/.xinitrc (or
.~/xsession if you're running xdm) has something like the following

#!/bin/bash
enlightenment &
exec gnome-session (or panel)

You may need to prelude both of those commands with the proper paths.

As for a menu in Enlightenment, either use your third mouse button or chord
your left and right ones to bring up E's menu.

Hope this helps,
T.
---
{ in fact, this is twice in a row
{ that the angels have slipped through our landslide
{ and filled up our garden with snow