Re: libpam-pwdb: optional ???

On Sat, Mar 20, 1999 at 11:16:50PM +0100, Alexander N. Benner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I couldn't log in anymore today after an upgrade to the current potato
> snapshot.
>
> After triing for a while I found out that login tried to use pam_pwdb which
> was not installed.
>
> There seems to be no depends on it, it is also in section optional.
>
> Is this intended for a package require to read /etc/passwd upon login?

There is no login program in potato (other than pam-apps in potato only
that does not use pam_pwdb) that uses pam_pwdb. So if you are using it
then it was a custom setup and not something a depends could handle.
pam_pwdb is not required to access /etc/passwd (the pam_unix_* modules
handle it quite well).

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation