libpam-pwdb: optional ???

Hi

I couldn't log in anymore today after an upgrade to the current potato
snapshot.

After triing for a while I found out that login tried to use pam_pwdb which
was not installed.

There seems to be no depends on it, it is also in section optional.

Is this intended for a package require to read /etc/passwd upon login?

greetings

--
Alexander N. Benner   Nikodemus@innocent.com   #Ixthys #Darmstadt #LinuxGer
The grit in your eye soon enters your heart            Anne Clark