Re: Pacakges

Unfortunately there is no simple answer; some will and others will not.  I
would recommend staying away from the potato versions of libc6 and ldso,
for example.  This situation changes almost daily.  I'm running potato and
it has never broken enough to justify a reinstall, but not everything
works.

You are probably safe with most isolated applications--less so with system
components.  It may be helpful to check the package listings in the
Packages files, looking particularly at conflicts and depends.

Bob