Re: Pacakges

Craig T. Hancock writes:
> Hello list does anyone use any unstable packages with the stable the
> reason I am asking is I do know that unstable means that they haven't
> been tested yet...

Unstable really just means that the unstable distribution is changing
rapidly as developers upload stuff.  Individual packages are pretty safe as
long as they don't require that you upgrade major system components such as
libc.  A simple conservative rule of thumb is not to install any package
from unstable that requires you to install a library from unstable.