Re: fvwm2 module configuration

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 07:12:41AM -0500, Tommy Malloy wrote:
> I am trying to get out of the habit of modifying my system as root and
> am attempting to modify fvwm2 as a user.  I am having some problems.
> This is what I have done.
>
> 	copied /etc/x11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc to ~/fvwm2rc    chown to user
> 	created ~/.fvwm2 directory
> 	copied  /etc/x11/fvwm2/*.hook   to ~/.fvwm2    chown to user
>
> 	Started X
>
> 	I notice that my menus are doubled.  For example under the usuall list
> of apps is another one.  This would seem to indicate that fvwm is
> reading both system.fvwm2rc and ~/.fvwm2rc and not one or the other asa
> expected.

syster.fvwm2rc contains these lines:
# Read system and user menu prefixes
AddToMenu /Debian
+ "Main Menu" Title
Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/main-menu-pre.hook
Read .fvwm2/main-menu-pre.hook

# Read the auto-generated menus
Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/menudefs.hook
Read .fvwm2/menudefs.hook

It does that for all the hooks; reads in the system-wide hook, then the
user's hook.  You need to delete menudefs.hook and main-menu-pre.hook
from ~/.fvwm2.  The other hooks are empty (at least, they are on my system).

> 	Also when running the dotfile fvwm2 module I am using the import from
> dotefile option and am getting a error in TCL script message unexpected
> token.

I just tried it and got that error too.  I don't know what the problem is.

--
Matt Folwell, Trinity College, Cambridge.  CB2 1TQ
mjf36@cam.ac.uk