fvwm2 module configuration

I am trying to get out of the habit of modifying my system as root and
am attempting to modify fvwm2 as a user.  I am having some problems.
This is what I have done.

	copied /etc/x11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc to ~/fvwm2rc    chown to user
	created ~/.fvwm2 directory
	copied  /etc/x11/fvwm2/*.hook   to ~/.fvwm2    chown to user

	Started X

	I notice that my menus are doubled.  For example under the usuall list
of apps is another one.  This would seem to indicate that fvwm is
reading both system.fvwm2rc and ~/.fvwm2rc and not one or the other asa
expected.
	Also when running the dotfile fvwm2 module I am using the import from
dotefile option and am getting a error in TCL script message unexpected
token.

Is my procedure incorrect, and how do I fix these errors.  Thanks