RE: grrr, No response from modem

	>>> First modem is MultiTech ZDX 19.2k bps and the second is a USR
Courier
	>>> v.everything 33.6k bps.
	>>Are they set to different settings. If they are on the same
setting you will
	>>get
	>>nothing.

	Hummm, are you talking about the modem's config, or minicom/ppp
config.  I
	am using the same software configuration, but I am leaving the
hardware as
	default.

I think we're asking for interupt configuration  for these two modems are
they the same or different, they should be different.
Did you try and remove one modem and see if the other is detected, this
would rule out if the modems have the same settings and are conflicting.
If that does work try moving the mouse to com 3 and the modem to com 1.