RE: grrr, No response from modem

At 3/18/99 09:35 AM -0500, Person, Roderick wrote:
>Courier
>	>>Are they set to different settings. If they are on the same
>setting you will
>	>>get
>	>>nothing.
>	>
>	Hummm, are you talking about the modem's config, or minicom/ppp
>config.  I
>	am using the same software configuration, but I am leaving the
>hardware as
>	default.
>

>I think we're asking for interupt configuration  for these two modems are
>they the same or different, they should be different.
>Did you try and remove one modem and see if the other is detected, this
>would rule out if the modems have the same settings and are conflicting.
>If that does work try moving the mouse to com 3 and the modem to com 1.

I have two modems, but I am not testing them at the same time.  Once the
MultiTech did not work I went to an NT Server to pull a known working modem
to test the Linux system's port.  I do NOT have two modems connected at the
same time.  I have tried moving the modem to the other port on the back of
the computer, and the BIOS only has one setting for each of the ports (very
limited).

No mouse is attached to the system, but it is an ATX system with a PS/2
style mouse port.

I am under the impression that these serial ports do not work.

Thanks for your help,
--Jay Barbee