Re: dependency problems

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, John Cuson wrote:

> someone last week told me about the pc magazine article that was
> placed on zdnet and led to the spate of discussion we've just seen.
> my response at the time was "it's not for weenies".  that was, of
> course, before i began setting up a series of libraries to support a
> gnome application and ran into my current problem...how does one
> resolve a dependency problem that results because gnome-bin won't
> install because libgnome31 isn't installed, and libgnome31 won't
> install because gnome-bin isn't installed?  can someone offer me a
> hint here?

When I upgraded to slink a couple of weeks ago, I had a similar problem in
dselect. (It seemed to be caused by a lack of free disk space.)  I wound
up deleting the request for both of the packages and everything that
relied upon them and then starting over.  I suppose another approach would
have been to retrieve the packages manually and force an install.
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/