Re: kernel panic, no init found

Hi, Paul,

Thank you very much.

I followed your suggestion. Here is what I did and what I got:

Boot from a floppy, with kernel 2.0.35
login as root

> mount /dev/hda2 /mnt
> cd mnt
> rm vmlinuz
> ln -s boot/vmlinuz-2.0.34 vmlinuz
> ls -l sbin/lilo
-rwxr-xr-x  1  root   root   50708  Feb  2 17:31  sbin/lilo
> sbin/lilo
sbin/lilo: not found
> ls -l /usr/bin/lilo
-rwxr-xr-x  1  root   root   46740  Jul 28 1998   /usr/bin/lilo
> lilo -r /mnt
First boot sector doesn't have a valid LILO signature

Is it the time to re-start from scratch? I am stuck.
Any idea?

-- James