Re: Using Procmail

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, XRDLAB wrote:

> account and to read/send the messages respectively. As the number of
> messages I am getting has increased, I
> am feeling the need to use procmail to sort the mail into different
> folders. How do I go about putting the messages in different folders
> (should be readable by pine)? Much of the documentation talks about MH

Maybe an example will help... Here, fetchmail connects to ISP's mail
server over dynamic ip, gets mail, passes it to sendmail, which hands it
over to procmail.  Here are the lines out of my .procmailrc which puts
all mail from this list into it's own folder:

:0:
* ^TOdebian-user
mail/debian-user

This tells procmail that all messages with "debian-user" in the To:
field should be put in the file `mail/debian-user'.  Then I start pine,
switch to my debian-user folder and read the mail.  BTW, if procmail
finds that the file (mail/debian-user) doesn't exist, it is created.

HTH,
Jeremy
  email : darqside@blueriver.net
pgp key : http://www.blueriver.net/~darqside/pgpkey.asc