Re: Using Procmail

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Jeremy wrote:

>Maybe an example will help... Here, fetchmail connects to ISP's mail
>over to procmail.  Here are the lines out of my .procmailrc which puts
>all mail from this list into it's own folder:

As mentioned earlier, the mail is received on the spool
correctly. But procmail does not seem to be doing its job.

Well, here is something which might help in troubleshooting.

1. As soon as I dial-up and the ppp link is established, the root
   does not do a fetchmail. I do it as a normal user. Does it in any
   way affect the behaviour of fetchmail?

2. I am using pine to send mails directly after having redefined the server
   in the configuration (giasbg.... rather than localhost). Does the
   MTA come into picture here?

If it helps, .fetchmailrc and .procmailrc are given below:

**************** $HOME/.fetchmailrc  ********************

poll giasbg01.vsnl.net.in proto pop3
    user mysxrd password xxxxxxxx
    limit 100000
    fetchall

***************** $HOME/.procmailrc ********************

LOGFILE=$HOME/.maillog
VERBOSE=no
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

:0
* ^TO.*debian-user-digest@.*
debian-user

:0
* ^TO.*linux-india@.*
linind

Hope I can get some answers/clues to get procmail working.

sridhar

Sridhar M. A
Department of Physics
University of Mysore, Manasagangotri