Re: Backgrounds in X/fvwm2

*- On 11 Mar, Alec Smith wrote about "Backgrounds in X/fvwm2"
> I know I can use xsetroot to set a solid background color in X under
> fvwm2. However, I'd like to use a bitmap background I have saved as an
> .xpm file. How would I go about doing this?

If you are using the Debian hooks setup to set up fvwm2 then if you
have a link or file ~/.fvwm2/background.xpm then fvwm2 will
automatically put that file on your background.  It uses the function
/usr/bin/setup-background.  Which calls either

xpmroot <xpmfile>
xsetbg <gif or jpg file>

See /usr/doc/fvwm2/README.sysrc.gz

--