Re: Backgrounds in X/fvwm2

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Richard Harran wrote:

> I think you can use something like:
> 	xsetroot -bitmap <filename>
> There may also be a specific fvwm command.
> Rich
>
> Alec Smith wrote:
> >
> > I know I can use xsetroot to set a solid background color in X under
> > fvwm2. However, I'd like to use a bitmap background I have saved as an
> > .xpm file. How would I go about doing this?

	I believe that "xv -rmode # -quit <xpm-file>" would do the job.

	Note that the # symbol in -rmode option must be a number, but I
can't remeber which one means background... I guess it is "-rmode 5"...

	Daniel.

Daniel Doro Ferrante                 email: danieldf@latt.if.usp.br
Network/System Manager			    danieldf@fma.usp.br
WebMaster				    danieldf@cecm.usp.br
                                    http://www.cecm.usp.br/~danieldf
                                    http://www.latt.if.usp.br/~danieldf
CECM - Curso de Ciências Moleculares - USP
       Course of Molecular Sciences - University of São Paulo - Brazil