Re: Maximal Mount Count

> It is a 1gig partition.  I have two others on this same machine.

Ok, make your partitions ready for linux (ext2 fs, etc).

> What can I do to move stuff to these other partitions so that my 1st
> partition will not be so loaded down.  I would like to install more
> software there?

Then what you can do is split your major directories into separate
partitions. Like, /usr can have it's own partition,
/home can have it's own partition. All you do for it is copy the files
over to those new partitions from old directories, and then edit
/etc/fstab to indicate where to mount those partitions to.
For example, if you are creating a new partition /dev/hda2
and you want to put /usr on it, you copy the files from your old /usr onto
the /dev/hda2, and add a line to /etc/fstab to tell that /usr is to
mounted to /dev/hda2

> What directory trees can safely be moved to another partition?

/usr
/home
/var

Andrew