Re: virtual private network?

What will the laptops be running? In any case Socks5 would work well for you. Check
out www.socks.nec.com. It's hard to find on their site but there's a free (well, the
license proved to be unacceptable for DFSG but I don't know why) .tar.gz for *nix
which you can build on your systems. I've used socks with great sucess for years
(although now I use IP Masquerading) but for this type of application Socks5 is a good
choice or tunneling if your laptops will be running Linux. If WinXX then there's
plenty of socks support (at all levels) for Socks. Feel free to email me for help
getting socks running.