virtual private network?

Hi,

I need some software to allow laptop users to connect to machines on
our private network (192.168.x.x) from anywhere on the internet. Has
anyone used FreeS/WAN, Mobile IP or similar programs to set up a virtual
private network on debian? Does anyone know the development status? Some
of the Mobile IP projects seem to have last been released two years ago.
I see a package called Tunnel Vision, but it looks like it requires a
newer kernel than is currently supported on debian.

Any suggestions/experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Lee Bradshaw                       lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
ASIC Designer/de facto Sys Admin