Re: [exim] Custom headers -- outgoing email

On 9 Mar 1999, Frozen Rose wrote:

> In article <[🔎] 19990307142358.B21314@turd.mountaintop>,
> Mitch Blevins  <mblevin@debian.org> wrote:
> >How do you tie a rewrite rule to a particular route?
> >The documentation wasn't very clear on this.  It seems that aaron would
> >want it to only rewrite the sender header going through the smarthost
> >route.
>
> Mmm... point...
>
> It's in the Exim cookbook, istr. You have to hack it ;) And run two
> Exims, and pass messages between them.

Uhm, I don't think so. I think all you need is to rewrite the sender and
from with the address that is found as a result of a lookup on the
destination address in a file. I THINK you would do a partial-lsearch, I
am not sure off the top of my head here but in any case, you do a lookup
on a file that is of the format:

*:	someaddress.com
destination1.com:	other-address.com
destination2.com:	yet-another.com

so that if it finds the particular destination, it replaces the headers
with the value associated with it. If it does not find the specific
destination, it uses the wildcard.

I could spend about 5 minutes looking at the docs and probably give an
exact syntax.