Re: Custom headers -- outgoing email

Frozen Rose wrote:
> Yes, Exim will normally write a Sender: header, (although I didn't
> think it did if one was supplied... hmmm...)

Yes, it will rewrite them to match the actual sender.
See section 44.11 of /usr/doc/exim/oview.txt

> [snip]
> However, if you must change the outgoing sender lines, try adding this
> line to your rewrite configuration:
>
> vanco@sonic.net	     aaron@sonic.net
>
> Which will change all occurrences of "vanco@sonic.net" to
> "aaron@sonic.net".
>
> You can also use the rewrite rules to rewrite @localhost if you can't
> get rid of it, although you should be able to.
>
> "/usr/sbin/exim -brw <addr>" will test the rewriting rules ("exim -brw
> vanco@sonic.net" for example)

How do you tie a rewrite rule to a particular route?
The documentation wasn't very clear on this.  It seems that aaron would
want it to only rewrite the sender header going through the smarthost
route.

Curious,
-Mitch