    From: John <jtc@stic.net>
 Subject: Larry Seltzer
      To: pcmag@zd.com

 Hi,

 I've been a subscriber to the ZDNET newsletter for years and am
 currently a subscriber to Computer Shopper. Lately I've been
 encouraged by the increasing coverage of linux on ZDNet. (Linux is the
 system I use 95% of the time.) I was hoping that magazines like PC Mag
 would begin to honestly cover the OS. Perhaps they would then be worth
 a subscription. As it is now, the only Magazines of value to me are
 Computer Shopper and the Linux Gazette and I have subscriptions to
 both.

 The Linux distribution I use is Debian, and today I was shocked by
 your article on Debian. Is that review typical of PC Magazine
 quality???

 If any employee of mine submitted a report with as many errors as the
 review of  Debian GNU/Linux 2.0 by Larry Seltzer, he/she would be out
 of a job within the hour. I'd list all the errors, but it would take
 too long. The only thing he got right is the name Debian. He doesn't
 have a clue who distributes the system or what it costs, so I guess I
 shouldn't expect him to know that it's the largest distribution (1800
 to 2000+ programs depending on the version) and arguably the best
 system out there.

 Disappointed and Disgusted

 John Carline

 ----