Linux&Dos assmebler

Hello fellows!
I was thinking about learning assembler, but there is a
problem.
I heard about DOS interrupts, which I guess work only in
DOS.
Which I guess means that if I buy a book about x86
assembler,
and it speak a lot about that interrupt things,
I have a fair chance it wouldn't work in Linux, is that
right?
Maybe in that case, there are "Linux x86 assembler" books?

Another question: How assembler works in the secure Linux
environment?
Linux checks that calls are not a threat to the system?

TIA! :)
begin:          vcard
fn:             Alexander Gutfraind
n:              Gutfraind;Alexander
org:             www.tht.net/~gutfrnd/
email;internet: gutfrnd@tht.net
note:           I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it.
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard