LinuxWorld

Had a really cool funny at Linux World ... met Linus at the end of the
aisle signing stuff for people. My friend digs around in his pocket
for something and whips out a CD for Linus to autograph. He hands it over
and laughter rips through the crowd. My friend's face grows red as he
realised that he just gave Linus Torvalds a SCO UnixWare CDROM to sign.
Linus takes it all in stride and signs it "I hope you get better". I had
to drag my friend back down the aisle to the Debian booth to "touch the
MAC" for redemption (don't ask ... you just had to be there).

It was really great seeing a lot of the Debian folks there along with such
folks as the Slashdot crew in the booth next door. Even finally getting to
talk with people from other distros that I had email contact with (such as
some of the people from Red Hat) was a real gas.  I can't wait until the
reprise in August.

Linus gave a great speach and the party in Exhibit Hall 3 is probably
still going on. The Linux community is really a great bunch of people. I
heard vendors commenting that they were really amazed at the crowd. The
quality of the questions they were being asked, the level of technical
expertise and the fact that they were speaking with people that REALLY
understood the technologies of this stuff was really a refreshing change
to them.

I am proud to associate myself with this community of computer users and
with the Debian community in particular.  Nice job to all. I think it is a
really great show.