Re: LinuxWorld

I was able to shoot down to SJ to make the last 2 hours of the exhibits.
The RedHat, LinuxCare, and Compaq booths were all very flashy and cool.

I was gawking at this really cool Compaq display, when I realized the
crowd was not for the servers, but for Linus.  Very Cool.  I didn't get an
autograph because I'm not comfortable idolizing people.  But it was great
to see him there.

Rob Malda struck me as being a little full of himself, but I guess he has
a right to be since slashdot is what it is.  I asked him how much he's
selling the T-Shirts for, and he said he doesn't handle marketing.
OK-then....  Whatever, I saw the much cooler Debian guys there, Wichert is
a real stand up cat...

I was excited about Wordmarc, a unix based console word processor wp clone
thing.  The guy said their going to overhaul the license, I think that
their gonna GPL it (I hope).  Abi-Word by Abi-Source is looking good too;
the guy said a debian cat is going to package it... cool...

I had to run back to Sacramento and write a paper for tomarrow, but it was
a really really cool deal... Later...

NatePuri
Certified Law Student
& Debian GNU/Linux Monk