Re: CD-RW mount errors

On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 10:45:29PM -0800, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

> When I mount /dev/hdd I get:
> office:~# mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /cdrom
> ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
> end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 64
> isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=16:40, iso_blknum=16, block=32
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd,
>        or too many mounted file systems

[snip]

What is your kernel version?
How did you compile it -- if you have selected both ide-cd and ide-scsi,
ide-cd is used. I do not think it's a good idea to compile both in.
If you really need it - compile both as modules and load/unload them
when you want to switch between ide-scsi emulation to plain ide-cd.

Please show the part of dmesg output or kern.log showing the detection
of the cd drives.

This is strange:
> office:~# mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /cdrom
> ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)

On my computer with ide-scsi compiled in the result is:

eagle:/$ sudo mount /dev/hdc /mnt
/dev/hdc: Input/output error
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

Also please use the reply feature to keep your messages in the same thread.