Best mail transport agent for a desktop PC

Hi,

I am just wondering what's the best mail transport agent for a PC that
will not be receiving e-mail from the outside world and will be
transferring all e-mail to a mail hub.

A standard installationg of Debian uses cron, which suggests a mail
transport agent.

In my servers I use sendmail but this looks overkill (in terms of
use of valuable resources like memory) for a simple workstation.

Can someone tell me what's in use out there (exim, smail, etc.)?

peloy.-