Re: rm message..what is the answer.

The problem is that I am logged in as root. I noticed the problem while
trying to upgrade fro midnight commander 4.1 to 4.5. There a symlinks in
the /usr/lib/mc directory that will not delete that cause my upgrade to
fail. also these link have disable certain functions in mc. I can't
install .deb's this with mc anymore. Other broken link cause seg faults
all over the place. I can't use dselect either is another problem that
comes to mind. I've tried to chmod 666 and chown but nothing is working.
My /usr/lost+found has -300k of broken links and files. I have even tried
dpkg --purge and nothing!

Roddie Rod

'Man is the greatest cancer ever to be seen'
    -Entombed 'Contempt'