Re: rm message..what is the answer.

> I'm still trying to delete broken symlinks and files that are hosing my
> system. When I try to use rm on files I get the following:
>
> rm -r /usr/lib/mc, overiding mode 5265?
>
> any answer I give, yes, <enter> or chmod 666 give me either nothing or
> operation not permitted. Does anyone have advice?? I'm becoming very
> frustrated over this broken link and file problem.

I presume you aren't able to overide mode because you don't have the
right permission.  If you tried it as root, I imagine you could do it.

My question is though, why are you trying to delete these files?
Normally you shouldn't have to delete files here as the debian package
management should take care of it for you.  There are special
exceptions to this, but you need to be sure of exactly why you are
doing it.

Cheers,

Mark.