Re: Debian and Redhat - are most linux users missing the point?

wtopa@ix.netcom.com writes:

> It seem that dselect and apt-get must use two different Package lists.

Right.

> I would have expected them to use the same one as they both use dpkg.

There's various levels to dpkg - apt just uses it to install packages,
dselect uses it to manage the available file too.  The easiest way to
get the package lists in sync is to choose apt as the access method in
delect, and use `dselect update' instead of `apt-get update'.

"And so, New York has joined the fraternity of cities whose only admission
requirement is to be overrun with evil zombies."    http://www.sluggy.com/