Debian 2.1 NOW! logo

With the imminent release of Debian 2.1, and people asking how to make
Debian more visible, I've revamped a logo I created a while ago, and
put it on my web site.  It's less than 2K as a GIF, but even so I
won't attach to an email to a public list.

The GIMP source for the picture is at:

    http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/pic/debian-now-2.1.xcf

or as a GIF at:

    http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/pic/debian-now-2.1.gif

If someone decides to announce this on Slashdot or somewhere, *please*
let me know so I can put it on a server in the US.

This image is my original work, apart from Tux, and I suppose the idea
isn't exactly original.

There are two restrictions on the use of this logo.  First, because it
is based on the picture of Tux from the Linux kernel distribution, you
(and I) must acknowledge that Larry Ewing created and drew Tux
originally.  (See linux/Documentation/logo.txt.)  Second, you MAY NOT
link to the image at the location above as an inline image from HTML.
Copy the image itself to your own site, and this restriction
disappears.  I don't even require credit, although I suppose it would
be nice.  :-)

Despite this lack of restrictions, I really would prefer if it was
used as a pointer to <URL:http://www.debian.org/> or a suitable page
on that site.

Obviously, for the release of Hurd I can replace Tux with a Gnu.

"And so, New York has joined the fraternity of cities whose only admission
requirement is to be overrun with evil zombies."    http://www.sluggy.com/