Re: Creative Labs DVD Encore Dxr2 and Linux video problems

Christopher Fury wrote:

> But X windows is horrible.  Colors bleed and shimmer all over the place and
> the video
> is offset.  If I disconnect the video pass through and connect the monitor
> straight to my video card the problem goes away.

There you have it. The bypass cables that come with that kit suck. I'm having that
same problem here. My suggestion is to call Creative and complain. Maybe they've got
replacement cables. Or buy a replacement cable. They look like they're just male to
male video cables.