Creative Labs DVD Encore Dxr2 and Linux video problems

I just bought a Creative Labs Encore DVD-ROM with the Dxr2 mpeg board, and
I'm having horrible video problems running X windows.  The video bleeds all
over
the place.

I see a little problem in winbloze (the reason I bought the stupid DVD-ROM
drive
is because a) I needed to install windows and b) well, I *was* going to buy
a CD-ROM
but I had an extra $200 burning a hole in my pocket :) -- the video in
windows has
a little ghosting, but that *might* be from RF interference

But X windows is horrible.  Colors bleed and shimmer all over the place and
the video
is offset.  If I disconnect the video pass through and connect the monitor
straight
to my video card the problem goes away.

Ideas?  Should I send the DVD-ROM back?  :)

--
Christopher Fury
cfury@bev.net