Re: X11 and potential monitor problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Krivosheev <kriol@fnal.gov>

>i do not believe X will use video mode which is out of
>monitor specs. You can run "xvidtune" and check
>what horizontal and vertical frequencies are
>
>OK

I didn't think so. But it sure is weird. I seemed to have messed up my
installation. I can't XF86Setup anywhere. I was trying to install the latest
windowmaker from potato, so I think something has gone wrong :(

I had spent 10+ hours upgrading my hamm installation to slink. I guess I'll
have to wait until 2.1 is released (next week hopefully) to get things going
again.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I'll be using windows for the next
couple weeks :(

Mark