istaling xfstt - and tt fonts patch for X11

I managed to start xfstt from inside x using:
as root - xfstt --sync (do i need this every time ?)
then as normal user:
xfstt &
xset +fp unix/:7100 (I get an error - bad path #48 if i try this before i
                     start xfstt)
question is how do i automate the stuff?

also i ran into a patch for X11 that is supposed to alow it to use true
type fonts (i don't remember where right now - but i can probably find it
again) Anyone know what it is and how to install it?