Major System Hangup problem (hamm)

I am running hamm (2.0.34) on a 486DX2/66;
I am also running dos+windows 3.11 on another partition.
Linux is on the first partition, and I'm am using lilo.

My computer has a strange problem.
First it will start working only after worming up (it neads to be on for
about a minute bifure i can reset to get anything on the screen, before
that it's blank)
after that it will start up.
windows 3.11 works completely stable.
Linux would start up fairly stable most of the time and then just hang up
every once in a while (about 20 min to 2 hours)
but, after several hours work (sometimes from the start) it just decides
that it doesn't want to work anymore and won't finish booting at. It gets
stuck in the process (deferent palces).
As far as i could pinpoint the problem it arises from the fact that I'm
running on mismatches memory chips.
I have beside the normal 32 pin memoy 2 slots for 72 pin simm.
problem is i could only find one 16 mega and one 4 mega.
without them i don't have enough memory to start linux at all in order to
check if it's stable but the computer boots right away instead of having
to wait for it to warm up, and linux hangs at the same spot each time in
this case (I don't remeber but i think its something like starting init).

If anyone has any idea how to solve the problem (without having to buy a
new computer)
Thanx