Re: istaling xfstt - and tt fonts patch for X11

*- On 25 Feb, Micha Feigin wrote about "istaling xfstt - and tt fonts patch for X11"
> I managed to start xfstt from inside x using:
> as root - xfstt --sync (do i need this every time ?)
> then as normal user:
> xfstt &
> xset +fp unix/:7100 (I get an error - bad path #48 if i try this before i
>                      start xfstt)
> question is how do i automate the stuff?

Use the xfstt package in slink.  It is all set up to start at boot,
etc.  Of course you have to edit your XF86Config to add the correct
FontPath.  The port has changed as well since xfs uses 7100.

    FontPath   "inet/127.0.0.1:7101"

> also i ran into a patch for X11 that is supposed to alow it to use true
> type fonts (i don't remember where right now - but i can probably find it
> again) Anyone know what it is and how to install it?

This is not in the Debian packages but the Debian-JP group has built
the X packages with this. You can use that if you want. They can be
found at ftp://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian-jp/ look for the familiar X
packages with the -xtt added to the package name.  Note: I have never
used these, I just know about them.

--
Brian
							   - unknown