XDOS using too many colors

Howdy all!

A quick question here.
I've got a system that has some funky video card that doesn't allow for
a large palette of colors when the system has more than 12Megs of RAM.
Needless to say, I've got more than 12Megs of RAM installed on that
system...

Anyway, whenever I run `xdos` I loose many of my colors.  So Netscape or
Applixware start looking real bad.  What I'd like to do is adjust dosemu
to use the colors from cmap.xpm - it looks like they should be very
close to DOS' original colors.

I tried `editres` to see what the color resources were for xdos, but
alas, it doesn't seem to recognize the protocol.  I assume (and we all
know what that means...) that I could create a file in
/etc/X11/Xresources/ that would make the changes I'm interested in.

The question is: "What are the resources I'd have to change to make this
so?"  I guess there's a second question: "Can I do it in
/etc/X11/Xresources/ ?"

Here's what I had in mind for the colors:

#000000=black, #ff0000=brightred, #ff00ff=brightmagenta,
#0000ff=brightblue,
#00ffff=brightcyan, #00ff00=brightgreen, #ffff00=brightyellow,
#7f0000=red,
#7f007f=magenta, #00007f=blue, #007f7f=cyan, #007f00=green,
#7f7f00=yellow,
#7f7f7f=white, #ffffff=brightwhite

Thanks!
Chuck

--
Chuck Stickelman, Owner                 E-Mail:
Practical Network Design                Voice:  +1-419-529-3841