Question

I have XF86 up and running to a point, I might add, as in root I startx ,
and it brings up the screen with the ICON's at the bottom...Clock, Load,
Xterm, Files, Editor,Xcalc, Xview, Qview, Netscape, Kill, and Desktop...

Now the only ones that work are Xcalc, Xterm and Clock, if I remember
right...

When I click "Files" it doesn't change or do anything, the same wih the
others, am I missing something here...??? I must be for none of them really
work by clicking on these Icons...I know I have to get Netscape so that much
I do know, but the rest I am puzzled as to why they do not work...

I have a Linux Complete Reference put out by Caldera, which I got out of the
library, and it shows pictures of what the Caldera desktop looks like, and
it is very much like Windows 95...One can click on the File menu and it
shows this, change directory, retype directory, close, Infomation, Print,
Open, Remove, Copy, Move, Link and Change Properties...

I have installed XF86 and thought that once it was installed most of the
samething would be like what I have mentioned in the above...

I purchased Debian which came with 7/CD's, and the Debian Linux Users Guide,
which doesn't explain very much in detail... I am all so new to LINUX, as
you can tell, but I would like somone to try and explain to me what I need
to do to get XF86 up and ruuning once I startx, and at the main screen to
have these Icons that are shown to work or what other packages does one have
to install, for it to have the look and feel of say WIN95...

It sure would be nice to be able to open a folder, copy files, create files
etc, instead of having to type every command to do this or that...

Thanks for any help that someone can pass onto me...

Larry Shields WD9ESU
AX25: WD9ESU@WD9ESU.#SCWI.WI.USA.NOAM [IPGWWI]
AMPRnet: wd9esu.ampr.org   IPaddr: 44.92.0.60
ICQ# 6221703
JNOS 1.11C -- TCPIP/TELNET/FTP