how much processor time is allocated to a program

I am sure that when I first started using debian/linux I had a program
(I think part of another packages), and if you ran "thisprogram
anotherprogram" then it would rum anotherprogram and tell you exactly
how much time was allocated to the running of that program.
I don't know where to look in dselect, so can anyone remember what it
was called?

[maybe this would be a good time to suggest that dselect lets you search
the descriptions as well]

cheers,
frankie
--
Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is
good

	--Peter de Vries

http://www.skunkpussy.freeserve.co.uk - Drum'n'Bass music, samples and
links.