SLRN killfiles (was: pine & mutt)

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:13:38 -0700 (MST), John Galt wrote:

>I dunno about scoring--I rarely use the function, but I re-migrated back
>to TRN when I realized that SLRN had no killfiles, what I consider to be
>an essential tool in USENET.

    Uhm...  Uhm....  John, John, John....  *sigh*

    In the scale of how things work, scoring is *above* killfiles.
Killfiles are an absolute yes/no.  Do you get the article, yes or no?
Scoring are a set of rules that apply a positive or negative score to an
article.  Once all rules are applied to the article then action is taken on
that article, *including killing*.  A score of -9999 in SLRN's scoring *is*
functionally identical to a killfile.

    For example:

[*]
Score:: -9999